Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Servings: 6
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup onion
- ¼ cup green bell pepper
- ¼ cup red bell pepper
- 1 cup tomatoes, fresh, blanched, chopped
- ½ tsp mustard, low sodium
- ¼ tsp black pepper, ground
- ½ tsp red chile pepper, ground
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks scallions (green onions), chopped
- ½ tsp ginger, ground
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp orange peel (zest), grated
- ½ tsp thyme, crushed
- ¼ cup bread crumbs, fine, dry
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place in 1-pound loaf pan (preferably with drip rack) and bake covered at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Uncover pan and continue baking for 12 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- 193 Calories | 9g Total Fat | 3g Saturated Fat | 91mg Sodium | 11g Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 45mg Cholesterol | 17g Protein
- Carb Choices: ½
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.