- 500 g firm white fish fillets
- 500 g raw shrimps
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 5 cm piece grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped lemon grass
- 3 small red chiles, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups fish stock
- 3 cups water
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon tamarind concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar or soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Cut the fillets into 2 cm cubes.
- Peel and de-vein the shrimps.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pan.
- Added the ginger, lemon grass, chile and onion and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the onion is golden.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the fish stock, water, lime leaves, pineapple, tamarind, palm sugar, lime juice and sauce.
- Cover and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the fillets, shrimps and coriander to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes or until the seafood is tender.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.