- 1 teaspoon lite olive oil (or other veggie oil)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 cups de-fatted chicken stock
- 6 ounces small shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 6 ounces bay scallops or sea scallops (if they are large cut them in half horizontally)
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or white vinegar
- ½ lb Chinese wheat noodles or linguine
- 2 scallions, peeled and chopped
- In a saucepan heat the oil, add garlic and stir until golden about 1 minute.
- Add cabbage and ¼ of the chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the cabbage is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add remaining stock, shrimp, scallops, soy and rice wine.
- Ccook about 1 minute or just until the shrimp and scallop are opaque.
- Before you do this final step bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and cook the noodles until just tender 2 – 5 minutes (depends on type of noodle you use).
- Drain and place noodles in 4 large soup bowls
- Ladle soup over the noodles dividing the seafood and cabbage evenly.
- Sprinkle with scallions.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.