- 500 ml butter milk or 200 ml curd.
- 1/2 tsp each cummin & mustard seeds.
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 2 green chillies
- salt and 1 tsp cummin seed powder
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 8-10 leaves mint
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- Take butter milk in a big vessel. If using curds, add 300-350 water and blend with hand or electric whipper till smooth.
- Smash ginger. Take in a muslin cloth. Dip like a pouch in the butter milk and rub the ginger in it with fingers, so that the juice mixes in the buttermilk and fiber remains in the cloth.
- Remove cloth. Pass 1 chilli, coriander and mint through.
- Heat oil in a crucible, a crusher add the seeds, 1 chilli halved, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Pour into the buttermilk.
- Add crushed greens (the paste of chilli and coriander), salt and jeera powder.
- Chill before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.