Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 nice size zucchini
- several cups of grated longhorn cheese
- 2 cups of crushed soda cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp onion
- 2 small cloves garlic
- ½ green pepper, chopped fine
- about ½ cup water
- salt to taste
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 egg
- Take one, nice size zucchini and remove the ends.
- Using large bowl, use the big hole on your grater and shred the zucchini, skin and all.
- Use several cups of grated longhorn cheese and 2 cups of crushed soda cracker crumbs.
- Now, mince the onion, garlic, green pepper and cook on stove in about ½ cup water until tender.
- Salt the zucchini mixture to taste.
- Add the cooked pepper mixture from the stove.
- Melt 1 stick of butter, pour over the entire mixture.
- Then, beat 1 egg very well, add to the mixture.
- Place in buttered casserole, top with few cracker crumbs, a little grated longhorn cheese and bake at 325°F for one hour.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.