- 1 lrg Onion, diced
- 4 tbl olive oil
- 1 tsp Chopped garlic
- 6 tbl curry powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 5 cup chicken broth
- 2 cup tomato puree
- 2 cup Crushed plum tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Smooth Peanut butter
- 1 lb Chicken white meat, diced
- 1 cup Thinly sliced green onions
- Chopped peanuts and cilantro, for garnish
- Cook onions in olive oil until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook tow minutes. Add curry powder, Cayenne and coriander and fry for an addtional two minutes. If dry, add a small quantity of olive oil until moist.
- Add chicken broth and scrape bottom very well with wooden spoon. Add tomato puree, crushed plum tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes. Stir often and scrape bottom every few minutes. Do not boil.
- Combine Peanut butter and 1/2 of soup in blender or food processor and puree, adding small quantities of broth as necessary if too thick. When smooth, add puree to remaining soup and stir well. If soup seems too thick, add broth to taste.
- Cook Chicken in boiling water until done (about 15 to 20 minutes). Drain and add to soup. Add green onions to soup, cook 5 minutes more and serve.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and cilantro for garnish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.