Description[edit | edit source]
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: www.naturemade.com
- Serves 8
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 oranges peeled and sectioned
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Splenda
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- ½ tsp prepared mustard
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake them for 5 minutes.
- Shake the sheet so the nuts toss around and bake them another 3 minutes or until they darken in color.
- Set them aside so they can cool down.
- Cut orange sections in half and place them in a large bowl.
- Add romaine lettuce and toss.
- In a small bowl whisk together all the remaining ingredients.
- Just before serving, pour this dressing over the salad and toss it lightly.
- Sprinkle the toasted almonds on top and serve.
Nutritional information[edit | edit source]
- 110 Calories | 7g Carbs | 2g Protein | 8g Fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.