- 1 lb pkg. firm or extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 recipe Sesame Ginger Marinade
- 1 lb fresh Chinese wheat noodles or linguine
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into florets, stems julienned
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 3 tbsp Asian sesame oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili paste with garlic
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Line baking dish with plastic wrap.
- Cut tofu in half crosswise, then holding knife parallel to work surface, split each piece in half horizontally.
- Place in baking dish and cover with plastic wrap. Place plate on top and weigh down with several cans. Refrigerate 30 to 45 minutes to press out excess moisture.
- Prepare marinade in shallow glass bowl.
- Remove tofu pieces from baking dish and blot tofu dry with paper towel; discard liquid.
- Place tofu in bowl with marinade; turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least two hours or for up to one day, turning occasionally.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- When water boils, add noodles, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Cook noodles until tender according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
- Transfer noodles to bowl.
- Bring medium saucepan of water to boil.
- Add broccoli and cook 2 minutes.
- Drain, rinse broccoli under cold running water, and drain again.
- Add broccoli to bowl with noodles.
- In food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and process until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high or prepare a hot charcoal fire.
- Remove tofu from marinade.
- Grill tofu, basting occasionally with marinade, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Just before serving, toss dressing with noodles and broccoli. Transfer mixture to serving platter. Arrange tofu on top and sprinkle mixture with scallions. Serve at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.