A popular North Korean side dish. Also used in dishes like japchae (noodles) and babimbap (rice mixed with red pepper paste and veggies).
- This recipe is for 2 servings.
- Preparation: 20 minutes.
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 – 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, chopped/minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 dash pepper
- Bring pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Add spinach, remove as soon as leaves turn bright green (will shrink significantly).
- Immediately rinse with cold water.
- Drain and squeeze out as much water as possible (best to grab handful and squeeze like a ball) Place spinach in bowl with sauce mixture and toss well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.