- Ethnicity - Punjabi, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 750 grams meat Boneless
- 100 grams butter
- 5 medium sized onions
- 2 largesize tomatoes
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaves
- few sprigs of mint Leaves
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- 1teaspoon of Kasuri methi
- 8 small cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 2 Black Cardamoms [only seeds]
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- Heat Kasuri methi on take for a minute and powder it with rolling pin or hands.
- Take 100 grams butter heat it in a pressure cooker add all the spices from 1-6 as the stop spluttering add onions and ginger.
- As it turns golden brown add the mutton, tomatoes fresh coriander and the powder masalas and 1/4 cup of hot water and allow it to simmer over slow flame for 25-30 minutes. keep stirring so that it does not stick to the bottom.
- As the butter separates from the mutton and 1-1/4 glass of water and pressure cook it for 20 minutes or till the mutton is soft tender and juicy.
- Take out mutton and gravy in a kadai or frying pan and keep it on a slow flame.
- Take 1 cup of fresh curds and beat the curds till fine add this to the mutton add the powder kasuri methi and simmer it for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Serve hot with Roti or lachha parathas and Onion rings with mint chutney.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.