Gingered carrot and spinach supreme
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cup coarsely grated carrots
- 1 celery rib, grated
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp grated fresh gingerroot
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ cup grated fresh coconut (or substitute packaged shredded coconut for fresh)
- 1¼ cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- Sauté scallions, garlic and turmeric in oil until scallions are soft.
- Add remaining ingredients, simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- 124 calories | 3 g prot | 80 mg sod | 13 g carb | 8 g fat | 0 mg chol | 78 mg calcium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.