- 1 large turkey neck cut into pieces
- 3 carrots
- 3 zucchini
- 3 celery sticks or celery root
- 2 small onions
- 1 – 2 small parsnips
- a piece of pumpkin (optional)
- parsley, dill
- salt, pepper, chicken soup powder to taste
- Place turkey neck in large soup pot.
- Cover it with water.
- Boil for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Scrap and discard any froth.
- Add vegetables and spices.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer on medium heat for 1 hour.
- Add pumpkin, parsley and dill and cook for another ½ hour.
- When cool, strain soup and add back cut-up vegetables (pieces of carrot, zucchini, onion parsnip).
- Serve with noodles and/or soup nuts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.