Seafood Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 pound skinned and filleted Shad
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 large shallots, minced
- ½ cup fresh chives thinly cut
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Take first 3 Ingredients and pulse in food processor. Add egg and pulse again.
- Place mixture in a stainless steel bowl, and add all remaining ingredients. Mix well. Form into 3-ounce patties, then roll in additional Panko bread crumbs.
- Sauté in butter until golden and firm. Serve with salad and a tart dressing of your choice. Add tartar sauce on the side.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.