- Ethnicity - Mughlai, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 250 gms minced mutton
- 2 medium sized sliced onion (pyaj)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 4 chopped green chilli (hari mirch)
- 3 skinned and chopped tomato (tamatar)
- 1 cup fresh curd (dahi)
- a big pinch of saffron (kesar)oaked in lukewarm milk
- 15 cashewnut (kaju)
- 4 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 1" long piece ginger (adrak)
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds powder (dhania powder)
- 1 tbsp turmeric (haldi)
- 6 red chillies
- 1 tbsp cumin seed (jeera)
- 6 cloves garlic (lasun)
- First grind ginger, coriander seeds, turmeric powder, red chillies, cumin seeds, garlic with adequate quantity of salt to a thick paste.
- Now heat ghee.
- Fry onions, green chillies, tomatoes till brown and ghee begins to separate.
- Add masala paste and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add keema and simmer.
- Add beaten curd and a cup of water.
- Cook till meat is tender and gravy is thick.
- Add garam masala, soaked saffron and cashewnuts.
- Cover it with a lid for few minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.