- Ethnicity - Mughlai, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1 Chicken cut into cubes
- A pinch of nutmeg (Jaiphal) Powder
- 1 cup fresh cream (Malai)
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (Khus-Khus)
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds Powder (Dhania)
- 15 Cashewnut (Kaju) crushed
- 10 almond (Badam) blanched and crushed
- 2 Onion (Pyaj) chopped
- 3 bay leaf (Tej Patta)
- 6 garlic (Lasun) pods
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 6 tsp clarified butter (ghee)
- Roast little cumin, poppy, fenugreek seeds and grind into powder.
- Heat ghee, fry onions and garlic till it is brown.
- Add Chicken and fry.
- Now add powdered masala, salt , coriander powder, bay leaf.
- Simmer for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add cream, 1/2 cup hot water and cook till water dries.
- Add garam masala, nutmeg and cardamoms.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Take off from the fire and serve hot with nan or chapattis.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.