Description[edit | edit source]
- Ethnicity - Mughlai, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 500 g minced mutton
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium sized chopped onion (pyaj)
- 5 green chilly (hari mirch) chopped
- 100 g bengal gram (chana) soaked overnight
- 10 pods garlic (lasan / lahsun)
- 1 tsp cumin seed (jeera)
- 4 cardamoms
- 1 long piece cinnamon (tuj/dalchini)
- 1 long piece ginger (adrak)
- 6 peppercorns (kalimirchi)
- 4 red chillies
- clarified butter (ghee)
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Boil minced meat in 3 cups of water and a teaspoonful of salt till water is absorbed and meat is tender.
- Grind meat into a fine paste.
- Take garlic, cumin seeds, cardamoms, cinnamon, ginger, peppercorns, red chillies and soaked gram dal and grind into a fine paste.
- Mix both the pastes well.
- Now mix well beaten eggs and prepare a uniform dough.
- Add finely chopped green chillies and Onion to dough and mix well.
- Shape the dough into small round flattened balls or kebabs.
- Heat ghee and deep fry kebabs till golden brown and serve hot with sauce or chutney.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.