Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 4 - 6
- ½ pound Chinese wheat flour noodles
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- ½ pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 scallion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 9 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 head celery cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 bunch washed spinach leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- red wine vinegar to taste
- Drop noodles into boiling water. Cook about 4 minutes. Add ½ cup of cold water. Bring to boil 1 minute. Rinse with cold running water. Drain. Mix with sesame seed oil. Set aside.
- Cut pork crosswise and julienne. Mix with 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce and cornstarch. Stir-fry scallion and pork in 2 tablespoons heated oil until meat changes colour. Add 1 tablespoon light soy sauce and sugar. Remove. Keep pork warm.
- In clean wok, stir-fry cabbage in 2 tablespoons heated oil 2 minutes. Remove. Wipe out wok.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in wok. Add noodles. Do not stir. Let noodles brown on bottom (about 5 minutes). Turn noodle cake over. Brown other side in same manner. Remove to warm platter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in wok. Add pork and cabbage. Add dark soy sauce. Stir-fry until thoroughly heated. Thicken with dissolved cornstarch. Pour over noodles. Wipe out wok.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil to smoking hot in wok. Wilt spinach. Add salt. Stir-fry quickly 10 seconds.
- Arrange spinach around mound of covered noodles. Serve with red wine vinegar.
May be prepared in advance through step 2, with vegetables cut up. Do not freeze.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.