Shanghai Shrimp Dip
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 1 Pound Medium Uncooked Shrimp in The Shell
- 4 green onions, Including Green Tops, Finely Minced
- 1 Rounded T. Finely Minced Fresh ginger root
- 1 T. Finely Minced garlic
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 T. sour cream
- 4 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 T. Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 T. Ground white pepper, Crostini, Pita Chips, bagel Chips, Salty Wonton Crisps Vegetable Chips
Fill a 3 Quart Pan Two Thirds Full of water, Add 1/2 T. of The salt And Bring to a Boil Over High Heat. Add The Shrimp And Cook Just Until They Are Pink And Firm, About 2 Minutes. Drain And Rinse Under Cold water. Peel And Devein The Shrimp. Finely Chop The Shrimp And Transfer to a Medium Mixing Bowl. Mix The green onions, ginger root, garlic And Remaining 1/2 T. salt With The Shrimp. Add The Mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, sesame oil And pepper. Stir Until The Ingredients Are Well Combined. Taste And Adjust The Seasoning. Transfer to a Serving Bowl. Cover And Refrigerate For at Least 1 Hour to Allow The Flavors to Blend. Serve Slightly Chilled. to do Ahead: This Dip Can be Prepared up to 2 Days in Advance. Cover And Refrigerate. Remove From The Refrigerator 20 Minutes Before Serving.
Makes About 3 Cups.
Source: Delicious Dips
==contributed by :== * Catsrecipes Y-Group