- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 jalapeño chiles, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 24 large uncooked shrimp, peeled, de-veined
- 24 large sea scallops
- 6 metal skewers
- Heat oil in small saucepan over very low heat until warm.
- Stir in chiles, ginger and garlic.
- Cover and cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally (do not brown).
- Mix wine, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch until the starch dissolves.
- Add to chile mixture; Increase heat to medium-high and whisk until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Transfer to bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Stir in lime juice. (can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Pour ½ cup of sauce into a small bowl.
- Add cilantro to remaining sauce; reserve.
- Alternate 4 shrimp and 4 scallops on each skewer.
- Brush both sides with ½ cup sauce.
- Grill just until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plates. Serve with reserved sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.