Looks and tastes like the real thing, you won't know the difference, and no soy taste!! And no, I'm not kidding! This recipe nearly brought tears to my eyes, I'm delighted to share such a winner with everyone!
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 10 large Slices
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp Splenda
- ⅓ cup Atkins Bake Mix (or make your own)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup soy grits (Bob's Red Mills brand)
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp bacon grease melted (see below how to do this)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Beat cream cheese with mixer until blended smooth, add the remaining ingredients (see below for bacon grease) and let sit for 5 minutes before using.
Using a Cast Iron Skillet Edit
- Preparing the pan, this is a southern thing, so if you have never done this don't despair. It's easy! preheat the oven with the cast iron skillet in side for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove to stove top and add 2 tbsp bacon grease, return to oven.
- Once melted remove the pan and turn to coat the sides of the pan, pour the remaining grease in your batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into greased pan and return to oven, cook until golden brown on top! if you don't have a cast iron skillet.
- Just grease a 9 x 12 pan and pour in mixture, don't forget to add the grease to your batter! slice and serve with a big ole pat of butter!.
Nutritional Information Edit
- Total calories: 173 | Fat: 13g 115 calories 68% (Sat: 7 61 calories 36%, Poly: 1g 8 calories 5%, Mono: 4g 36 calories 21%) | Carbs: 4.8g 13 calories 8% (Fiber: 1.5g 0 calories 0%)
- 3.3 carbs per slice
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.