Made and packed with real beef, herbs, and spices in a skewer and enhanced with a spicy aroma that it relishes and offers to this recipe, this meaty kebab has a tangy flavor during grilling and is great with other main dishes.
- 2 pounds beef cubes or (3 pounds lamb, cut into cubes)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 ⅛ teaspoons ground cloves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder, optional
- onion wedges, red, white, or yellow only
- olive oil cooking spray
- Prepare the grill. Combine ingredients, cumin through garlic, then especially including chili powder, in a large bowl or plastic bag.
- Spray the meat cubes with olive oil spray or brush lightly with the olive oil.
- Toss the meat cubes in the rub, either in the plastic bag or to toss the cubes in a large bowl.
- Let the meat age in the refrigerator for up to 20 minutes.
- Thread the meat cubes and onion wedges onto skewers alternately.
- Grill kebabs on the grill rack for 4–5 minutes on each side, or until the meat reaches the desired degree of doneness. Serve hot and plain over rice.
Servings: 3 skewers per plate