Made and packed with real beef, herbs, and spices in a skewer and enhanced with a spicy aroma that it relishes and offers to this recipe, this meaty kebab has a tangy flavor during grilling and is great with other main dishes.
- 2 pounds beef cubes or (3 pounds lamb, cut into cubes)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 ⅛ teaspoons ground cloves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder, optional
- onion wedges, red, white, or yellow only
- olive oil cooking spray
- Prepare the grill. Combine ingredients, cumin through garlic, then especially including chili powder, in a large bowl or plastic bag.
- Spray the meat cubes with olive oil spray or brush lightly with the olive oil.
- Toss the meat cubes in the rub, either in the plastic bag or to toss the cubes in a large bowl.
- Let the meat age in the refrigerator for up to 20 minutes.
- Thread the meat cubes and onion wedges onto skewers alternately.
- Grill kebabs on the grill rack for 4–5 minutes on each side, or until the meat reaches the desired degree of doneness. Serve hot and plain over rice.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3 skewers per plate