- 450 g / 1 lb Bulgarian white cheese (feta cheese)
- 50 g / 2 oz butter
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large capsicum (sweet pepper), sliced
- 4 eggs
- black pepper and paprika to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / gas mark 6 and lightly butter a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Cut the cheese into four slices and place into buttered dish.
- If you prefer, you can use individual earthenware bowls or ramekins.
- Top the cheese with the tomato and pepper slices and dot with half the butter.
- Bake for 5 minutes only.
- Remove from the oven and break the eggs over the top of the cheese.
- Dot with the remaining butter and sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
- Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the eggs are lightly set and a crust has formed.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.