Recipe may be halved or doubled. For 8 servings, use 1½ cups hot water. Oven Recipe
- 3 pounds beef short ribs (approximately)
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 Tony's seasoning
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced/pressed
- 1 small can mushrooms (sliced or whole)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 green pepper, cut into rings
- 10-15 baby carrots
- flour, for gravy
- Wipe meat with a damp cloth. Trim off excess fat.
- Combine flour, salt and black pepper.
- Dredge meat in mixture to coat completely.
- Heat shortening in large skillet.
- Brown ribs on all sides. Remove to a casserole with cover.
- Sauté onions and garlic in skillet until golden.
- Spoon over ribs.
- Combine water, bay leaf, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce. Pour over ribs.
- Cover. Bake at 350°F for 1¾ hours.
- Add green pepper rings and carrots
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or until meat is tender.
- Remove cooked ribs and vegetables to a serving platter.
- Skim fat off drippings. Thicken with a little flour if desired.
- Spoon drippings over meat and vegetables.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.