- 300 g (10 oz) smoked haddock, cut into 5 cm (2 inch) cubes
- 900 ml (1½ pint) boiling water
- 2 x 400 g (14 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 heaped tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small red chilli
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 2 teaspoons salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Wash, skin and cut haddock into 5 cm (2 inches) cubes.
- Using a liquidizer, place onion, garlic cloves, red chilli, paprika, salt, pepper, saffron and parsley and blitz for 10–15 seconds until pureed.
- Set aside.
- Pour 900ml (1½ pints) of boiling water into a large saucepan then add purée, chopped tomatoes and fish.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.