Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 whole-wheat pita breads
- 4 cups washed ready-to-eat romaine lettuce
- 6 oz peeled cooked medium shrimp
- 2 tbsp Caesar salad dressing
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 300°F.
- Place lettuce and shrimp in a bowl and toss with dressing.
- Place pita bread in oven.
- Divide salad between 2 plates.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top and add pepper.
- Serve with warm pita bread.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (½ of recipe):
- 337 Calories | 12g fat | 172 mg cholesterol | 517 mg sodium | 33g carbs | 2g dietary fiber | 4g sugars | 27g protein
- Diabetic exchanges: 2 starch | 3 very lean meat | 1½ fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.