One of the typical foods from the Ecuadorian coast is the "ceviche". It can be prepared with any seafood, say shrimps, fish, oysters, squid, octopus, shells, etc, or a combination of them. This one is shrimp ceviche.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and without the black vein.
- 1 large onion, sliced.
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tomato
- the juice of 2 lemons 
- First prepare an onion salsa.
- Slice the onion, wash it with salt and water, and then put it in a bowl with some salt, the pepper also sliced, the chopped tomato, some chopped cilantro, and the juice of the lemons.
- Leave it there for about 20 minutes.
- Peel and wash the shrimps, marinate them in a paste made by blending garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, and water.
- Cook them in some water for a few minutes, until they are pink.
- Then mix the onion salsa with the shrimps and add ketchup to taste.
- Check the salt.
- Serve with some popcorn or fried plantains. Even rice.
- Some people like to eat ceviche with a bottle of beer. Ceviches are good for hangovers.
- As mentioned before, you can use other seafood too. Enjoy!
- ↑ In Ecuador, lemons are small, round, and green. In other countries they may be called limes, and the lemons would be the big yellow ones.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.