- 1 tbsp reduced calorie margarine
- 2 cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup finely chopped bell pepper
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups seafood stock or water
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground red pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground white pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground oregano
- ⅛ tsp ground thyme
- ⅛ tsp dried basil leaves, crushed
- ½ lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a 6-quart pot over medium heat, melt the margarine.
- Add the onions, bell pepper and celery; saute" for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the shrimp and rice.
- Reduce the heat; simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the shrimp and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve over hot rice.
Nutritional information Edit
- kcal 123 | fat 2.6g | chol 110 | sod 310mg
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.