Prep Time: 20 minutes including cleaning shrimp if needed
Cook time: 3 - 4 minutes on hot BBQ
Serves: 6- 8 as appetizer
Excellent spicy appetizer not too hard to make. Even easier if using pre-shelled and de-veined raw shrimp
- 1 – 1½ lbs pre-shelled and de-veined raw shrimp, large (20–30/pound)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp good olive oil
- ½ tbsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or more or less to taste)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Clean and devein Shrimp if needed (a few hours in advance is fine, store in fridge)
- Mince garlic
- Mix garlic, salt, paprika, and cayenne in small bowl
- Add oil and Lemon juice a bit at a time until you have a runny paste suitible for brushing on shrimp. You do not need to use all of either. ( make ahead as well and store on counter)
- On preheated grill (Medium high) place shrimp and coat with paste. Be quick so as not to over cook! Turn after 2 minutes for another 1 - 2 minutes until shrimp are nice and pink. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Using a pan with holes in it (a vegetable grilling pan) makes this much easier. Just stir well and cook until done.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.