This recipe can easily be halved. It can also be doubled easily. — JJ
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 cups
- 7½ cups water
- 2½ pounds unpeeled, medium shrimp
- ½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- garnish: cooked, peeled shrimp
- Bring water to a boil, add shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; peel shrimp, devein and finely chop.
- Add bell pepper, onion and garlic to shrimp.
- Beat cream cheese and next 4 ingredients until fluffy.
- Stir into shrimp mixture.
- Chill, but remove from refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
- Garnish, if desired, with whole shrimp.
- Serve with crackers, chips and fresh vegetables or fill small pastry shells or celery sticks with the mixture.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.