Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: bhg.com
- Prep: 35 minutes | Chill: 4 to 24 hours
- Makes: Six 1½ cup servings
- 8 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, if desired, and chopped (2½ lbs)
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium green or red sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¾ cup low-sodium vegetable juice or low-sodium tomato juice
- ½ cup clam juice
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 x 8oz pkg frozen, peeled, cooked small shrimp, thawed
- fat-free dairy sour cream (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, sweet pepper, vegetable juice or tomato juice, clam juice, onion, vinegar, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, and cumin.
- Gently fold the shrimp into the tomato mixture.
- Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- To serve, ladle into serving bowls.
- If desired, top each with a spoonful of sour cream.
Nutritional information Edit
- 141 Calories | 6g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 74mg Cholesterol | 154mg Sodium | 15g Carbs | 4g Fiber | 11g Protein
- Exchanges: 3 Vegetables | 1 Lean Meat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.