It's always good to do step one.
- 3-5 lbs shrimp
- 1 lb okra
- 1 large onion or 2 small onions
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 green pepper
- Remove heads of shrimp.
- Wash thoroughly then boil about 10 minutes.
- Chip okra fine.
- Mince onion.
- Fry okra, onion, and pepper slightly.
- Add chopped up tomatoes.
- Fry a few minutes and add 2 quarts of boiling water in which shrimp have been cooked.
- Peel shrimp and add to mixture.
- Boil about 2 hours on slow fire.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.