- 1¼ lbs tomato
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lbs frozen shrimp
- ¾ tsp fresh garlic clove
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 tsp orange peel
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fennel
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup green onion
- Use tomatoes held at room temperature until fully ripe.
- Core tomatoes; coarsely chop (makes about 3 cups); set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter; add shrimp and garlic; cook and stir until shrimp turn opaque, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon remove to a plate.
- To skillet add reserved tomatoes, basil (if fresh is unavailable use 1 tablespoon crushed dried basil leaves), orange peel, salt, fennel and black pepper; cook and stir until tomatoes are softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in scallions and shrimp; cook only until hot, about 1 minute.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.