This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Vaughan Estate in McKinney, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 mango
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1½ cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- mixed lettuce
- Puree peeled mango with lime juice and reserve.
- In a saucepan combine shrimp, stock, chili and hot sauce and cook until shrimp are done.
- Remove from heat then add tomatoes, pineapple and onion.
- Chill then arrange on lettuce and spoon mango dressing over it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.