Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes three dozen
- 2 lbs medium shrimp
- fat for deep frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon monosodium glutamate (opt)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sherry (opt)
- 1 cup cold water, as cold as you can get without ice
- Shell and clean shrimp leaving tails on.
- Lightly slash underside diagonally.
- Heat deep fat to 365°F.
- Sift the one cup flour with cornstarch and seasonings.
- Combine egg yolk, sherry and water; stir into flour mixture.
- Dip shrimp in flour, then batter, and fry until lightly browned.
- Drain and serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.