- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 jalapeno (small, hot) pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1½ cups of broth (vegetable or chicken)
- ¼ cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1½ pounds of cleaned shrimp
- 1 cup of frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- ⅓ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large, deep skillet saute the onion and bell pepper for about five minutes.
- Add the garlic, hot pepper and spices and cook, stirring, for another two minutes.
- Add the broth and coconut milk.
- When heated add the shrimp and green peas.
- Reduce the heat, cover and cook for another five minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the lime juice and cornstarch.
- Add to the shrimp mixture along with the cilantro.
- Cook stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over plain white rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.