Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 6-ounce can crabmeat, drained
- 8 ounces peeled, deveined, cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 8-ounce French baguette
- Fresh ground pepper
1.In a medium bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil, lemon juice, chives, mint and garlic.
2.Add crabmeat, shrimp, tomatoes, and onion and mix well.
3.Cut baguette diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Brush each side with some of the remaining oil and sprinkle lightly with fresh ground pepper.
4.Broil bread slices about 3-4 inches from heat for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Turn and broil other side until toasted.
5.Spoon equal amounts of the crab mixture onto each toasted slice of bread and serve.
- Shrimp and Crab Bruschetta from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health -- original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain