- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 3 cups water, warm from the tap
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper, or use a few drops Tabasco
- 3 lemon wedges
- In a 2-quart saucepan, place raw shrimp (with or without shells), water , salt and crushed red pepper, or Tabasco.
- Squeeze lemon wedges into the pot and toss the lemon in it.
- Bring the shrimp up to the boiling point and turn off the flame.
- Allow to stand for 30 minutes. Shrimp will be thoroughly cooked.
- Devein, wash in clear water and chill.
- Serve with piri-piri.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.