Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons coarse Dijon mustard
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound frozen large cooked shrimp, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the shallots and garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and wine and cook for 2 – 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the milk and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Cook until thickened, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the mustard, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook 1 minute.
- Garnish with minced parsley.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 151 | Protein: 19 g | Sodium: 309 mg | Cholesterol: 126 mg | Fat: 3 g | Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Exchanges: ½ starch | ½ fat free milk | 2 very lean meat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.