Blended vegetable soup
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- ¾ cup of chopped carrot
- ¾ cup of chopped potato
- ¾ cup of chopped cabbage
- ½ cup of regular oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon Omani mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves (or oregano leaves)
- 1½ Maggi bouillon cubes (chicken, beef or vegetable flavor)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander or cilantro (optional)
- ½ of a green bell pepper (optional)
- lemon (optional)
- In a saucepan, saute the onions in the butter until they are translucent.
- Add the chopped carrots, potatoes, cabbage, and about 3 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- (you can add a little ice or very cold water to speed up the process.
- ) when cool enough not to damage the blender (or food processor), puree in the blender.
- Return the pureed vegetables and their liquid to the saucepan.
- In a bowl on the side, mix (stir) the oatmeal with 1 cup of water.
- Add the oatmeal to the saucepan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and about 2 cups of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add more salt and black pepper to taste.
- If the soup is to thick for your liking add more water while it is cooking.
- Serve in bowls with lemon wedges on the side.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.