This recipe maxes a chick pea flour and spice mixture.
- Makes 2 servings
Chickpea and spice mix Edit
- 1 cup chickpea flour 
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp gingerroot, fresh grated, or ground ginger
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp hot red chile powder
- ¼ tsp aniseed, ground
- In bowl, mix together the chick pea flour, turmeric, ginger, paprika, chili and aniseed.
- Mix well and set aside.
- To prepare the sauce, bring water and oil to a boil.
- Add 2 tbsp of the mixture and the salt.
- Simmer over low heat 3 – 4 minutes.
- The sauce will thicken quickly to a thick puree.
- Serve warm with injeera, or serve the sauce with any wot (stew) as a side dish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.