Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings of Sicilian swordfish.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 28 oz can whole tomatoes in purée, drained and broken up
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 swordfish steaks
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- In skillet, heat oil.
- Add onion, saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in anchovy, cook 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, ¾ tsp salt, ⅛ tsp pepper, oregano and pepper flakes, simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Season swordfish with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Place fish in the baking dish.
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the swordfish.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the fish flakes.
- Garnish with the grated lemon rind.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.