This is enjoyed in Sierra Leone and most of the rest of Africa! Very eggy, very yummy! In Sierra Leone, they typically call anything fried Fry fry. So, enjoy your fried plantains.
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan.
- Crack the 6 eggs into the saucepan.
- Wait for them to cook.
- Slice the peeled plantains into ¼-inch rounds.
- Fry the slices a few at a time until they are golden and crisp on the outside but still soft on the inside.
- If fried too long, the inside will toughen, so try a couple to get the best timing.
- Remove them from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels or newspaper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.