Makes about 24 pieces for 8 to 10 appetizer servings.
- Chef Maria Hopps's Recipes Wiki Category
- More of Chef Maria Hopps's Recipes
- Interview with Chef Maria Hopps
- Chef Profile: Chef Maria Hopps
- Your Personal at Home Chef
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- ½ of an 8-ounce tub plain cream cheese product (about ½ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Spanish black olives
- 1 tablespoon Spanish red pimento stuffed green olives
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 x 7- or 8-inch flour tortillas
- To roast poblano and sweet red peppers, halve peppers and remove stems, membranes, and seeds.
- Place peppers, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 425 °F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until skin is bubbly and browned.
- Put the peppers in a brown paper bag; let stand for 15 to 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Pull the skin off gently and slowly using a paring knife,cut peppers into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, stir together the cream cheese, garlic, cilantro, black and green olives, lime juice, and ground red pepper.
- Spread tortillas with cream cheese mixture.
- Lay poblano and red pepper strips over cream cheese.
- Roll up tortillas.
- Wrap with clear plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate up to 6 hours.
- Unwrap and bias-slice wraps crosswise into 1¼-inch slices.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.