- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped leeks, white and light green parts
- 1 tbsp curry powder, or to taste
- 2½ cups vegetable stock
- 2 small white potatoes, peeled, cut into ½-inch pieces (about 1½ cups)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 packed cups (about 4 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups low-fat (1%) milk
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- plain nonfat yogurt, for garnish, optional
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add leeks and 1 tbsp water, and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, and stir 30 seconds.
- Add stock, potatoes and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach; cook until just wilted, about 1 minute.
- Cool slightly.
- Purée soup in blender until almost smooth; work in batches if necessary.
- Return soup to saucepan.
- Add milk, and cook over medium-low heat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls.
- Garnish with swirl of yogurt, if desired, and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.