Beans, Light Kidney, Dry by the USDA, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups light kidney beans, cooked
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup (15½ ounce can) peas, drained
- 1 x 10 ounce can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 3 cups egg noodles, cooked
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pan, heat canola oil; add onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Over medium-high heat, add carrots, celery, peas, cream of mushroom and milk; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans, noodles and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.