- 2 cups light kidney beans, cooked
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup-15.5 ounce can peas, drained
- 1-10 ounce can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 3 cups egg noodles, cooked
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1.In a large pan, heat canola oil; add onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
2.Over medium-high heat, add carrots, celery, peas, cream of mushroom and milk; bring to a boil.
3.Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4.Stir in beans, noodles and pepper.
5.Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Beans, Light Kidney, Dry by the USDA, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe