This recipe cuts the preparation time in half. Heating the cream isn't required.
- ½ pint heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- few teaspoons of sugar for the top to create the crust
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F and boil a pot of water.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Place in ramekins in a pan and fill halfway with hot water to create a water bath.
- Bake until the center slight jiggles.
- Let the custard set and cool for 4 hours up until 2 days.
- Sprinkle a few teaspoons of sugar evenly on top and put it in a broiler at high until the sugar is caramelized.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.