- 1 pound smoked beef sausage, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 8 ounces uncooked orecchiette or medium shell pasta
- 1 jar (16 to 17 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
1.Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile place beef sausage in large skillet; add enough water to cover bottom of skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat about 7 minutes or until sausage browns slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings. Remove and reserve 5 or 6 sausage slices.
2.Add Alfredo sauce, beans and chopped basil to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3.Combine pasta and sausage mixture in serving dish, tossing lightly. Sprinkle with pepper, as desired, and pine nuts. Top with reserved sausage slices. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.