This simple southern cornbread recipe brought to you from the Recipes.eu.com recipe collection
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt substitute
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1 cup skim milk
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add the beaten egg and skim milk; mix well.
- Into 12x8-inch pan, which has been sprayed with a nonstick vegetable coating, pour the corn bread dough.
- Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve warm.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 81 | fat 1g | cholesterol 0 | carbohydrate 15g | sodium 142mg
- Exchanges: Bread 1
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.