This is the toffee that I make and everyone at school loves. Credit to Mom on Timeout. I got the recipe there and changed it a little.
- Roughly 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- A pinch salt
- A couple handfuls of chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet/pan-type-thingamabob with parchment paper and scatter the pecans around the bottom.
- Boil the sugar, butter, and salt over low heat until it reaches 300 F, or 'Hard Crack' on a candy thermometer. If the ingredients start to separate, turn off the heat and stir until they re-combine.
- Pour the sugar mixture into your baking sheet/pan-type-thingamabob and let it cool for a bit.
- Before it's completely cooled, put the chocolate chips on top. Once they melt, spread them around evenly.
- Let it cool completely, then eat it all before anyone sees you.